Saturday, October 29, 2011

Random Pics and Easy Halloween Decor

Here are just some random pictures I've been meaning to post.

This year our garden produced a lot of peppers, tomatoes, some zuchini, and even a couple of pumpkins...but our favorite thing was the watermelons! Neither of us had ever grown watermelons before and it was so fun to watch them go from a small pod to something so large. We will definitely be growing watermelon from now on!



We also recently celebrated Courtney's birthday. We had a fun time getting together as a family and, as always, eating lots of good food!



Finally, here's just a quick idea for a Halloween decoration. I bought these orange candles from Ikea for .99 each. I used some black letter-stickers that I had to spell out "BOO" and the pedestals the candles are sitting on are actually just cups turned upside down with a black ribbon around the top. I then got some leaves from the dollar store and spray-painted them black to put around the base of the cups. For spending $4 I don't think it turned out too bad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your creativity!

Anonymous said...

You are so cleaver! I hope that one day when I have a house I can be as creative with my crafts.

KasiaJ said...

Lovely! I especially like how the spray painted leaves turned out.