Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

My finals are finally over and that means I have a little time to post some pictures. A couple of weeks ago, David and I went to get a Christmas Tree for Family Home Evening. It wasn't our first Christmas tree together because David surprised me with a Christmas tree last year while we were dating. However, it still was a first because, as we got ready to leave, I realized that, although my family has always bought a real Christmas tree, I had never gone with them to pick it out. David couldn't believe I had never picked out a Christmas tree, but that just made it all the more fun.

We first stopped to get some hot chocolate because it was so cold and then we went to the lot that David has been going to since he was little. It was so fun to hear him talk about his memories of picking out a Christmas tree. We looked and looked and soon found the perfect one. Since we live in an older apartment, our ceilings are tall. So, we ended up with an eight foot Christmas tree!

We came home and began to decorate until we realized that we only had two strings of lights. So, at 11:30 at night we headed off to Santa's workshop (AKA Walmart). We bought some more lights and David had to have tinsel so we bought that too (it made me think of my dad because he always loves to have tinsel on the tree). We got home, put on some Beatles music (this is a tradition of my dad and I to listen to Beatles' music while we decorate the tree), and decorated most of the tree. We finished it off the next night. All in all, it was so fun to take some time away from studying to do something for Christmas!

David was a little tired that night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so fun that you went and bought a Christmas tree! Casey and I have a 3 foot fake Christmas tree that we bought at Walmart last year haha. You sure look cute!

Howard Family said...

I can tell you went to Sedgefield to get your tree... they do have the best... Its beautiful!!!

The Newey Fam said...

Beautiful tree! Isn't it so fun to have your first tree as a married couple! You guys are so busy with work and school...I know you have to be looking forward to Christmas break! You deserve some R&R!